Friday, June 29, 2012

Funny Quotes Ideas

Whenever I am in the dumps, one way of cheering myself up is reading comic books. It helps a lot when I can get a good laugh from the books I read. I also love watching comedy TV shows and what makes these comic books and TV shows memorable is the punch lines and quotable quotes. It may seem to be trivial at first but once you dig deeper into them, or you ponder on them, you'll know that they do make sense. I have compiled a couple of funny quotes about life which I have learned lessons from, one way or the other.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win you're still a rat. " Lilly Tomlin

This has been one of my favorite funny quotes of all time. It is downright straight forward yet it speaks what really is happening in today's society - rat race!! Funny as it may seem but there's truth in it. We have been working from sun up to sun down, compete against each other but then at the end of the day in spite of it all nothing seem to be working. Nothing seems to be improving. You're still a rat stuck in a routine that you can't get out of.

"The cost of living's going up, and the chance of livin's going down." Flip Wilson

This is presumably a very timely notion as employment is decreasing and mortality rate is increasing. It is indeed a sad fact yet it still holds true. The only way that we can survive is looking at the brighter side of things.

"In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular." Kathleen Norris

I used to tell myself that death is not what I am afraid of but life itself. I have been so depressed lately that sometimes it makes me wonder why I have to live life. Indeed living life is so good in spite of its ups and downs. There's more to life than pain and suffering. That's what catapults life into the stars!!!

"Life is not a static thing. The only people who do not change their minds are incompetents in asylums, and those in cemeteries." Everett McKinley Dirksen

I am fickle-minded. I change my mind at the same rate I change my clothes. I thought I was too hasty in making decisions, acted purely on impulse but I came to realize that I have to change my mind from time to time because I have just gotten myself a life!

These are just a few funny quotes about life that I want to share. These constantly remind me that every cloud has a silver lining. I have my own funny quote too. Life is served hot or cold, for free not sold. Sour, salty, bitter or sweet, so come and get it!!
Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

Funny Quotes

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete